Monday, July 8, 2013

A Petition I'm Honored to Sign

This is a petition I'm Honored to sign.


Change.org

Stand with Malala: End the Education Emergency
By Malala Y.
London
Sign Malala's Petition
On 15 June fourteen girls were murdered in Pakistan simply because they wanted an
education. Many people know my story but there are stories every day of children
fighting for an education. The basic right to education is under attack around the
world.
We need change now and I need your help to achieve it.
You can help me and girls and boys across the world. We are asking the United Nations
General Assembly to fund new teachers, schools, books and recommit to getting every
girl and boy in school by December 2015.
This July 12th is my 16th birthday and I am personally delivering this petition to
the United Nations Secretary General Bank Ki Moon.
I became a victim of terrorism after I spoke out in favour of education of girls.
These innocent girls killed in Pakistan have nothing to do with politics and only
wanted to empower themselves through education.
If we want to bring change, if we want progress, if we want development, if we want
the education of girls, we should be united. We should not wait. We should do it
now.
Sign Malala's Petition
The person (or organization) who started this petition is not affiliated with Change.org.
Change.org did not create this petition and is not responsible for the petition content.
Mailing Address: Change.org · 216 W 104th St., #130 · New York, NY 10025

No comments:

Post a Comment