Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thanks, but Not to Facebook

First, as one of the "newbies" who reads the posts of a certain Phily Collector, I'd like to say Thank You for your post about selling Barbies. Also, thanks to all of you who left comments, which I read.

I will look for doll club, don't know if there is one now in this area. Only Barbie resale shop takes Just White dolls, can you Believe this? Or at least that was true last time I called. Most of my dolls are ethnic or mixed race. I grew up at blind school in large city. And I love studying faces. If you have to study faces by feel, better use dolls. Also the more diverse and realistic the faces, the more I learn. The variety fascinates me! Always has.

I have "white" dolls of course, but even the ones of them I chose have differing faces, Joey Benetardi, Blossom and Six, Club Seven or 7, Holly from a group called "Dream" Becky (in the lousy wheelchair) Very Velvet Barbie, Raquelle, these all have differing faces and or hair.

I agree with interviewee (sorry about spelling) in Phily Collector earlier post, would like to see some Asian guys. I wish I had bought more than one General Li Shang when he was around. He's pretty cool with modern clothing and hairstyle.

New subject: My dog bell, (dog I have trained to find me and take me to door while barking) is sick and not working. Worried and scared about what I will do when I lose him. He''s probably about 11, and hac very hard .life before going to "no kill" shelter, then coming to Ann and me. I've worked out substitute which relies on me remembering to move a sound monitor from alarm clock to doorbell, so it will trigger pager I wear. Rather have a dogbell.

New subject: Facebook. I don't like this, though what I write would bore military, unless they disliked some action figure I liked. But this is Too Much, I think.


Facebook supports gov't spying -- turn on images
It seems like Facebook will do everything they can to sacrifice your online privacy
-- even going so far as to publicly support a bill pending in the US Congress that
would allow Facebook to hand over your data -- and the data of Facebook users around
the world -- to other corporations or the US military, without a warrant.
Can you sign our urgent petition telling Facebook to drop its support of US government spying on its members?
If the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) passes, companies could
intercept your text messages and emails to share with each other and the government
-- giving the US military the power to track, control, and share almost all of your
online information without the use of a warrant. They could even block access to
websites, or cut off your internet connection altogether. Like SOPA (which Facebook
opposed),
CISPA is a major threat to internet freedom
and gives the government broad power to protect big media companies at your expense.
Facebook’s opposition was instrumental in shutting down SOPA, but
now Facebook is fighting FOR CISPA
. That's why we're teaming up with our friends at Demand Progress to get Facebook
to side with its users instead of military spy agencies, and in the process start
a powerful, organized opposition to this dangerous bill.
Sign our joint petition to Facebook now, telling it to stand up against government intrusion into our online privacy rights.
Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, has said “We can’t let poorly thought out
laws get in the way of the Internet’s development.” Yet with CISPA, he is supporting
a far-reaching law that could dramatically limit our freedom on the internet.
CISPA strips away previous privacy laws, and by creating a broad immunity for companies
against both civil and criminal liability, it robs citizens of any means of fighting
back.
Today vast amounts of our information is routed through the internet -- our shopping
history, our Google searches, our love letters and personal communications, and much
of our activism -- and all of it would become a fair target for the US military under
a definition of “cybercrime” so broad that anyone could be a suspect.
Tell Facebook to get serious about protecting our privacy from US military and government intrusion.
Thank you for all you do.
- Taren, Claiborne, Emma, Becky, Kaytee and the rest of us
-------------------------------
More Information:
"
Cyber Intelligence Bill Threatens Privacy and Civilian Control
", The Center for Democracy & Technology, December 2011
"
Cybersecurity Bill FAQ: The Disturbing Privacy Dangers in CISPA and How To Stop It
", The Electronic Frontier Foundation, April 2012
SumOfUs is a world-wide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations
accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.
You can follow us on
Twitter
, and like us on
Facebook
.
Was this email forwarded to you?
Click here
to add yourself to SumOfUs.
If you don't want to receive emails from us anymore, you can remove yourself from our list by clicking
here
But just know, we'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment