Friday, August 2, 2013

How Come Your Stuff Is So Pricy?

How Come Your Stuff is So Pricy?
I'm not quite sure how to write about this week, but first things first.  I do not have doll boxes and doll paperwork because a tornado hit my house in the Winter (not during "tornado season" here).   In order to save the dolls which were soaked I had to strip away all paper and cardboard so nothing would mold.  I spent a day just doing this.  For those of you who don't like "helmet heads" on female dolls caused by loads of hairspray, you will get your wish.  For instance, the curling tower of Byron Lar's "Plum Royale" was a gummy mess which had to be thoroughly washed out.

I have had to purchase shoes or boots for some dolls, as some were lost.  Although most people who make things don't get paid for their time, I did put in two outfits with most dolls and made some of them myself.  I made Barbie purses until I thought I'd hurl!  I had to buy thread, needles, and some cloth.  Pay Pal gets three cents on the dollar for each transaction, 3%.  So I know my dolls are more pricy than the $10 per boxed dolls you can find elsewhere.  As most come with two pairs of shoes, a brush or pick, one or two purses, and some with jewelry, I think they are reasonable.  I also include some non-Barbie dolls because they have Different face sculpts.

I know this blog is Not for 18 to 21 inch dolls.  But that will be the next installment of things added to the site for sale, including both outfits I've made and some Fair Trade, Mayan made clothing from Guatemala.  So if you know anyone who likes larger dolls or buys them for their kids, this is the next installment.


1 comment:

  1. Your blog can be about whatever you want it to be. If you choose to write about larger dolls now and then, that's your right.

    My blog is 100% about playscale aka Barbie-sized dolls and/or action figures. However, I did write about my childhood Kerry doll who is 17". Exceptions are acceptable.

    (Sorry if that sounds as though I am giving you the right to talk about what you want in your blog. Please accept more that I am commenting that you can write about whatever you want.)

    ReplyDelete