Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fear

I started blogging to have a way to express how I felt and experienced the world after the death of my sighted, hearing, but physically disabled partner of 20 years.

What I am Not sure about are safety issues. So I have put no profile info. up, except what I say in postings. As I'm not interested in dating at this time, why put up a picture? As it is frightening to be deaf-blind and live independently, I don't know how to communicate in a way which does not attract negative garbage.

I have had friends ask how to get to my blog. When I tell them that to the best of my knowledge it is
http://newby13.blogspot.com
they say they can't find it. As my earlier post about the uselessness of standard tech. support demonstrates, I cannot call on standard tech. support to give them more help in finding this blog.

So, I'm not quite sure what to do. It's a good thing I'm mostly writing for myself, because I don't have the technical skills to screen out E-mails, if I answered a bad one, and no tech. support is there to help either.

Is anyone else a disabled blogger who lives independently and has struck a balance between two-way communication and safety?

I'd be interested in learning, but NOT the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment