Sunday, October 16, 2011

Native American Girl LESS Inteligent

I have been told that the American Girl dolls are the second larges sellers after Barbie. It's been suggested that I buy one, and use her to sew for. So I began looking around online. Those dolls are Expensive! But I thought it sounded like a quality series for a young girl's role model, UNTIL I found Kaya, a Nez Perce Native American dol. I won't mention who was selling her until I contact the company and give them a chance to deal with the situation. But I "learned" that when Europeans came here Indians just weren't as inteligent and they were also out gunned. Outgunned, yes. Less smart, now That's a Great message to send to a young Native American Girl, Isn't it?

Do any of you know if the American Girl series has other lovely garbage in its promo. materials or if they allow sellers to say what they Want?

All you have to do to find out if something is racist is to ask, how would an African American perceive this if it were said of him or her? How would African Americans feel about having "Negro" mascots for their sports teams, stereotypes in tact? How would African Americans feel about Haloween costumes depicting them, stereotypes in tact? And how would African American people react to an expensive African American doll, bought for a little girl, being said to be Less inteligent?

No comments:

Post a Comment